(View segment from 0 to 4:33)
What changed Fr. Mike's opinion about the Mass?
- His mind was blown by the reality of Jesus’ body and blood becoming present during the Mass.
- He started to see that there is nothing more important than worshipping God and being grateful to Him.
How can you answer someone who says he doesn't get anything out of Mass?
- First, it is a tremendous gift that God speaks to us in Mass through His word. “Amen, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.” -Matthew 13:17
- More amazing is that God gives us the best gift ever: His very Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity in Mass!
- Mass isn’t for our entertainment and enlightenment, but for worship. The heart of all worship is sacrifice. God allows us to participate in His sacrifice and receive the fruit of that sacrifice: His Divine life!