(View segment from :08 to 5:18)
What are some of the special characteristics of a woodpecker?
- An industrial-strength beak.
- Two toes in front and two in the back for better maneuvering up and down a tree trunk.
- Special tail feathers that are spongy and tough.
- A shock absorber between its beak and its skull.
- The thickest skull (by body weight) of any creature.
- A tongue that is as long as 10 inches, with a barbed tip.
- A glue factory on its tongue to help stick to bugs.
- A solvent that dissolves the glue when the bug is in its beak.
- Fast reflexes to open and close its eyes between each peck.
What can we learn about God through His creature the woodpecker?
- That He masterfully planned every detail of creation.
- He loves to delight us with amazing works.
- He must really love us to put on such a fantastic show for us to see through all of creation.