(View segment from :08 to 4:19)
If you enjoy learning about how amazing God’s creatures are, you can purchase the DVDs or watch on Prime Video: Creatures that Defy Evolution. My children love this series, and we have also given these DVDs as gifts.
What are some design characteristics of the egg and the hatching chick?
- The egg shell has 10,000 tiny holes to allow for the removal waste and water, and to help the chick breathe.
- There is an air sack which provides 6 hours of air for when the chick starts to break through the shell.
- The chick has an egg tooth on the top of its beak. When it’s time to hatch, the chick uses this tooth to break the air sack membrane and the shell.
What are some of the things that the hatching process reveals to us about God's plans?
- God designs living things to grow and change.
- Growth and new life are the path God wants us to travel so that we can have eternal life with Him in Heaven.