Did the runner call out to his dad to help him?
When the dad came alongside his son, how did his son respond?
- He leaned into his dad and cried because he couldn’t finish competing in the race.
Why do you think the dad was able to be present to his son so quickly?
- Because he was there at the race, cheering for his son.
- The dad was willing to run out onto the track to help his son.
How is this strong dad imitating God the Father?
- Like God, this dad ran to his son when his son was in need – before the son even asked.
- “Before my people call, I will answer; while they are yet speaking, I will hearken to them.” – Isaiah 65:24
- He helped to lift his son out of his sorrow.
- Just like God, strong dads strive to be there to cheer us on, and they are especially close to us when we fail or fall, ready to pick us back up. (cf. St Faustina par. 723; Lk 15:11-32)