Why was King Theoden standing in such shock?
- He was overwhelmed by how bad the times had become.
- He knew his forces were grossly outnumbered.
- He was confounded as to how things had come to this desperate point.
Who was enlisted to help?
- Every villager able to wield a sword was sent to the armory for a weapon.
What comparisons do you see between this scene and the spiritual battle of our time?
- In the story, their lives and culture were on the brink of being destroyed.
- For many of us, we too stand in shock.
- The culture of death has infiltrated our Holy Catholic Church, families, media, government, schools, businesses, and public institutions.
- Every man, woman and child must take up the spiritual arms available to each to do his part in the battle.