Did the spotters keep the gymnasts from really hurting themselves?
Should a person practice a potentially dangerous gymnastic maneuver without a spotter?
- No, that would be foolish.
What qualities are required of a good spotter?
- They have to be strong and willing to step into a dangerous situation to protect the gymnast.
- They have to know the gymnastic routine so well that they can intercede within a split second when they see something begin to go wrong.
How are the Saints like good spotters?
- They are strong in virtue and have sacrificed themselves for the good of others.
- They know the path to Heaven so well that they can quickly intercede for you, before you put your soul in mortal danger.