What was the first mistake they made in dealing with the Devil?
- They started to listen to him.
When was the Devil able to weigh them down?
- When they continued to listen to his temptations and talk to him.
- The devil become more insistent and harder to manage after Jason broke God’s commandments by stealing the Bit O Honey bar.
- The devil’s weight even caused Jason to ‘fall,’ when he was trying to steal the $5 bill that had been dropped by the old lady.
When was the Devil 'cast off' of their backs?
- When they rejected his temptations, repented of their wrong doing, and made amends by going to pay for the candy.