(View segment from 0 to 2:11)
What did the police officers do when they realized that shots were being fired at the crowd?
- They used their bodies as shields to protect others from being shot.
Do you think that some of those police officers went to heaven that day?
- They may well have gone straight to Heaven for their great act of love and self-sacrifice.
- Many or all of their sins may have been atoned for since “Charity covers a multitude of sins.” -1Peter 4:8
How is the job of a police officer similar to the job of a priest?
- Both are called to serve, protect, and lay down their lives for others.
How is the work of a priest different and more important than the job of a police officer?
- Police officers serve, protect, and sacrifice themselves to save the natural lives of people.
- Priests serve, protect, and offer Jesus’ perfect sacrifice to save the supernatural life of people, the eternal life of their immortal souls.
- It is a temporary tragedy if a person’s body dies; it is an eternal tragedy if a soul goes to eternal death, eternal separation from God.
- Priests give themselves completely to Christ, and through the priests, Christ gives us the greatest gift in the universe, His love and eternal life in Heaven.