(View segment from 6:43 to 10:40)
After asking God and spending time praying and listening, what did both men hear?
- They heard God’s call to be His priest.
How is the priesthood similar to fatherhood?
- Priests and fathers give life to their children, feed them, and guide them.
What do priests give their children that is beyond the gifts of natural fatherhood?
- Priests have the sacred power to give God’s healing to people’s souls through the sacrament of Reconciliation. -CCC 1592
- They give supernatural life to their spiritual children through Baptism and the Eucharist.
Do priests have to be perfect in order to fulfill their vocation to the priesthood?
- “Since it is ultimately Christ who acts and effects salvation through the ordained minister, the unworthiness of the latter (the priest) does not prevent Christ from acting.” -CCC 1584.