(View segment from 3:03 to 6:04)
Why did Cardinal Arinze say that the child on the island was stupid?
- If the child said, “I don’t come from anybody, I just am,” then he would be a stupid child.
- A smart child would realize that he had to have come from somewhere.
So, what do Catholics have to believe about where we come from?
- We have to believe that God started everything, and that we come from God.
- Every creature (everything that exists is a creature, since it was created) must be traceable to God, who made it.
- Even things that we make (cars & computers) still have their origin in God, because God gives us the intelligence and the materials to make things.