What are we doing with our heart in prayer?
- We are turning our heart to God. We give our love to Him.
Do your best to name and explain the 3 types of Prayer.
- Vocal: A conversation with God using words that are memorized or read. If we pray those aloud, then other people can join us.
- Meditative Prayer (or Mental Prayer): Talking with God about what concerns us, what is in our heart, and what He’s telling us through different texts, events, signs or images.
- Prayer of the Heart (also called Contemplation): Our heart rests with God and is at peace in His presence.
Name as many of the 6 modes or 'ways' to pray as you can:
- 1) Blessing: We ask for God’s power and favor upon us and others.
- 2) Adoration: We reverently gaze upon God’s greatness, almighty power and holiness.
- 3) Petition: We ask for what we desire.
- 4) Thanksgiving: We thank God for the many great things He has given us.
- 5) Intercession: We pray to God on behalf of others, for His favor to be upon them.
- 6) Praise: We praise God along with all the angels and saints, because He is just so good.