The lyrics in this song speak to the power and wisdom of trusting God, especially in the storms of our life. St Paul tells us, “It is my wish, then, that in every place the men should pray, lifting up holy hands.” -1 Tim 2:8
Is it hard to trust God when we suffer?
- Yes! It doesn’t feel loving that God allows us to suffer.
Did St. Peter struggle with God's plan?
- Yes! When Jesus explained that we have to eat His body, many of His disciples left Him.
- Peter didn’t understand, but He decided to trust anyways.
- He said, “Master, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We have come to believe and are convinced that you are the Holy One of God.”
Did Jesus struggle with His Father's Will?
- Yes! Knowing the suffering He would endure on the cross, in His human will Jesus prayed: “Abba, Father, all things are possible to You. Take this cup away from Me; yet not what I will, but what You will.” -Mark 14:36
- When we struggle and suffer, we need to imitate exactly what Jesus did during His passion: “Being in agony, He prayed more earnestly.” -Luke 22:44