(View segment from 1:01 to 3:50)
Should untrained people catch snakes in this way?
What part of a venomous snake is dangerous? Why?
- Its mouth.
- The venom it injects when biting can make you sick or even kill you.
In what ways should we treat demons similar to the way we treat venomous snakes?
- We want to avoid interacting with both demons and venomous snakes, especially avoid their mouths!
- Just like the mouths of venomous snakes contain poison, the mouths of demons speak lies and temptations that can poison our souls, if we cooperate with them.
- If you are bitten by a venomous snake, you need immediate medical treatment to counteract the venom.
- If you give in to a temptation from a demon, you need to immediately ask God’s forgiveness and go to confession to counteract the sin. Sin poisons your soul.
How is an exorcist similar to a snake handler?
- Snake handlers know well the strengths and weaknesses of snakes and how to keep themselves safe while directly controlling them.
- Exorcists know the tricks and lies of demons and how to keep themselves safe in a state of grace while performing the exorcism rituals.